We have big plans for William’s Walk & Run. For those who don’t know, William’s Walk & Run is an annual run/walk hosted by the Brain Tumor Foundation for Children where we have the opportunity to honor the lives and memories of our courageous heroes and angels.
This year’s run/walk will take place on Saturday, Sept. 11, 2010 during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Brain tumors continue to be the leading cancer cause of death in children, and we want to do all we can to continue to raise awareness while raising money to support BTFC’s important programs and services.
The starting/staging area for William’s Walk & Run is at the Mansell Crossing Shopping Center (7730 North Point Pkwy; Alpharetta 30022). Registration/check-in starts at 6:15 a.m., the walk starts at 7:30 a.m. and the 5K/10K runs will start at 8 a.m. The morning’s activities will end with a short program to include award presentations.
We hope you will consider joining us for this event in some way:
Register for William’s Walk & Run
- Register online (www.firstgiving.com/btfc) or by paper (click here to download paper registration)
- Fees for ALL pediatric brain tumor survivors will be waived. To find out more information, or to register your child, you MUST call/e-mail Sherry (email@example.com) by Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2010.
- If you are unable to be there, you can register as a “Phantom Runner” and still receive an event T-shirt.
Start a Team in honor/memory of a loved one
- Organize the largest team of walkers/runners and you could win a plaque designed especially for your team
- Team members can register online or by mail, they just need to be sure to include the team name when registering
- If you generate a team of 50 or more members, the registration fees for immediate family will be waived.
- Online fundraising is an easy way to support the cause and raise awareness even if you unable to attend William’s Walk & Run
- Visit www.firstgiving.com/btfc to create a fundraising page
- If you/your family creates an online fundraising page and raises $500 or more, the registration fees for your [immediate] family will be waived.
- In order to receive the above mentioned benefits, you MUST contact Sherry by Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2010
- We need help spreading the word. Please ask us if you would like a stack of William’s Walk & Run registration forms to place in your office, at your place of worship, your child’s daycare/school, in a neighborhood grill your family frequents, etc.
- Race day volunteers are always needed and appreciated. If you or your friends and family would like to volunteer, please contact Sherry directly.
- If you are coming from out of town, there are hotels very close to the event area; two of which will give a slightly discounted rate for those who mention the Brain Tumor Foundation for Children / William’s Walk & Run
- Hyatt Place Atlanta/Alpharetta – North Point Mall (formerly Amerisuites); 770.594.8788; $59/night.
- Holiday Inn Express Alpharetta – Roswell; 770.552.0006; $59/night